About GRE Exam & GRE Online Course
The Graduate Record Examination, or GRE, is a significant stage in the application process for graduate school or Business school. The GRE General Test is a standardised test developed and administered by the Educational Testing Service, also known as ETS, to assess your verbal, quantitative, critical thinking, and analytical writing abilities. The weightage given to GRE scores in the graduate school admissions process varies greatly between schools and departments within schools. The importance of a GRE score can range from being a mere admission formality to an important selection factor.
Key Points about GRE Scores:
GRE® scores are used by business schools all around the world as part of the admissions process for specialised master’s, MBA, and other graduate business programmes. The GRE® General Test is, in fact, the most commonly regarded indicator of a student’s preparation for graduate-level work — and the only test that can help you get into graduate, business, and law school, increasing your chances of success. With the GRE General Test you can:
- Apply to thousands of Business school and Graduate programmes are available around the world, including top-ranked MBA programmes according to The Financial Times, US News & World Report, and Bloomberg Businessweek.
- If you’re not sure what you want to do after graduation, keep your options open by taking the most widely accepted graduate admissions test and increase your chances of success doing Masters in Management or pursuing higher studies in the field of study you are hailing from.
- Choose from a number of testing locations. The GRE General Test is available at over 1,000 venues in over 160 countries throughout the world. Furthermore, in most parts of the world, the GRE General Test can be taken at home.
- Save Money: Other graduate admissions examinations that measure the same skills are more expensive than the GRE General Test.
Who Takes The GRE Exam:
The GRE General Test is taken by applicants from all around the world who want to pursue a master’s, specialised master’s in Business, MBA, JD, or PhD degree.
Admissions or fellowship panels use your GRE scores to complement your undergraduate records, recommendation letters, and other requirements for graduate-level study. They provide schools with a common measure for comparison.
Why take the GRE Exam?
This test is an official gateway to get into the top universities in the US, Canada and UK. ETS is a non-profit organization that conducts the test throughout the year. Let us know a few important insights of the test.
The GRE General Test measures verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking and analytical writing skills. The three test sections are as follows: Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning.
GRE Exam Pattern and Basic Info:
The computer-based GRE General Test consists of six sections. The first section is always the analytical writing section involving separately timed issue and argument tasks. The next five sections consist of two verbal reasoning sections, two quantitative reasoning sections, and either an experimental or research section. These five sections may occur in any order. The experimental section does not count towards the final score but is not distinguished from the scored sections. the GRE General Test is a multistage test, where the examinee’s performance on earlier sections determines the difficulty of subsequent sections.
GRE Tools: Navigation & Mark
The GRE test format allows the examined person to freely move back and forth between questions within each section, and the testing software allows the user to “mark” questions within each section for later review if time remains. The entire testing procedure lasts about 3 hours 45 minutes. One-minute breaks are offered after each section and a 10-minute break after the third section. The paper-based GRE General Test also consists of six sections. The analytical writing is split up into two sections, one section for each issue and argument task. The next four sections consist of two verbal and two quantitative sections in varying order. There is no experimental section on the paper-based test.
GRE Verbal section
The computer-based verbal sections assess reading comprehension, critical reasoning, and vocabulary usage. The verbal test is scored on a scale of 130–170, in 1-point increments. Each verbal section consists of about 6 text completion, 4 sentence equivalence, and 10 critical reading questions.
GRE Quantitative section
The computer-based quantitative sections assess basic high school-level mathematical knowledge and reasoning skills. The quantitative test is scored on a scale of 130–170, in 1-point increments. Each quantitative section consists of about 8 quantitative comparisons, 9 problem-solving items, and 3 data interpretation questions.
GRE Analytical Writing section
The analytical writing section consists of two different essays, an “issue task” and an “argument task”. The writing section is graded on a scale of 0–6, in half-point increments.
GRE Experimental section
The experimental section, which can be either verbal or quantitative, contains new questions ETS is considering for future use. Although the experimental section does not count towards the test-taker’s score, it is unidentified and appears identical to the scored sections. Because test takers have no definite way of knowing which section is experimental, it is typically advised that test takers try their best and be focused on every section. Sometimes an identified research section at the end of the test is given instead of the experimental section. There is no experimental section on the paper-based GRE.
Our GRE Online Course
Are you looking for the GRE Live Online Coaching on Weekends, focused extensively on Basic Fundamentals and test-taking strategies, followed by Booster Classes and workshops covering GRE Advanced Level questions with unlimited help sessions during and after the course? – Then you are at the Right Place! CONQUEST GMAT stands committed to what it says! Give a try signing up as a trial user to claim 20% of the course as a Demo (Read our complete course offering below).
Our Online Live classes brings the classroom learning experience to your home. Our Online Live GRE Coaching includes all the benefits of a physical GRE classroom Training without the need to physically travel to a learning center and without the constraints of having to live in a city where GRE classes are offered. The course is led by Master Trainers, who are well experienced in GRE Online Coaching, and are dedicated to identify and meet your needs for GRE preparation at the click of a mouse! During this course, students are provided access to our GRE study materials, practice tests, and other coursework.
Our Teaching Methodology
We follow the C-A-T approach as our teaching pedagogy in every single class, where ‘C’ stands for Concept building (75minutes), ‘A’ stands for Application/Strategy building (75minutes), and ‘T’ stands for takeaway from the class (30minutes). Instructors follow this approach very religiously to ensure effective learning happens through interactive sessions with small-sized batches. No passive learning is entertained. All classes in the GRE online live course end with checkpoint quizzes to help you take stock of your learning.
Advantages of Online Live GRE Training
- Attend our LIVE GRE Interactive Whiteboard Teaching over Zoom classes that gives you the Physical Classroom Experience with small-sized batches
- Saves commuting time & traveling cost
- Saves you from Mental agony traveling long distances through hectic traffic.
- Attend GRE classes from any corner of the world using Phone/Tab/Laptops.
- Don’t miss any more classes because of unavoidable circumstances like heavy rainfall, traffic jam, etc.
- Access to Recordings of Live GRE classes (helps review any concept based doubt anytime during preparation days that which is not possible in case of Physical Classroom Training).
- Get personal attentionduring & after the course through My-Plan Sessions.
- Unlimited doubt solving over WhatsApp & Telegram
Best Online Live GRE Course:
- 99Hrs of Online Live GRE Programcrafted by Top Industry Experts
- (63hours concept classes + 12hours My-Plan Sessions + 12hours Booster program + 12hours Workshops)
- Twice a week Online Live Classes – Only Weekends
- Each class 3 hours duration
- C-A-T approach followed in delivering classes
- Live GRE Online Classes Covers Basic to Advanced Level questions
- Small Sized Batch for Interactive Learning
- Access to recordings of all GRE Live Classes
- Personalized ‘My-Plan’ Sessions every third week to structure their study plan and provide necessary inputs to enhance their learning experience
- Four Mandatory Mock tests administered during the course – One at the beginning of the course(Diagnostic Test), One at end of the course(Exit Test), and two tests in between the course.
- Each test is followed by Online Live Personalized analysis of the test by our Instructors
- Unlimited Help Sessions during and after the course over digital platforms
- Exclusive WhatsApp & Telegram group created to run Short Quiz and Post a GRE Challenge Questions
- Additional GRE Booster Classesand Workshops at No Extra Cost to the students scoring beyond 305 among four mock tests conducted during the course
- Eighteen Full-Length Real-Time GRE Mock Tests, 170+ Topic Wise Tests, 15+ Sectional Tests, 70+ Concept Videos and Notes
- Latest GRE Official Guide and access to 10K Practice Questions Online
- Midterm and Final Evals collected during the course to know Student Satisfaction Levels
CHALLENGES WITH GRE SELF STUDY
REASONS TO JOIN US FOR GRE PREP
Try before you Buy: Signup Now as a Trial User
Learn Powerful GRE Strategies from our Top Industry Experts to Get Great GRE Score. Get 330+ with Our Powerful GRE Online Live Course Designed for Busy Working Professionals:
Attend 20% of course without paying a penny: Nobody in the test prep industry offers to sign up now and pay later. In-fact there are quite a few test prep companies that offer one demo class and expect to assess their entire course delivery which is close to impossible doing it with just one class(However, Offering one Demo Class is just like offering to watch a trailer’- and trailers are always catchy and appealing – else who will come to watch the ‘movie’?).
On the contrary, we offer 20% of the course as a demo to experience the class delivery and personal attention that we provide. We are so confident of our course that anybody who attends the session will be mesmerized by the class flow, class delivery, personalized attention, and the learning curve that our course offers
Start Your Free Trial Now
The GRE General Test measures your verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking and analytical writing skills — skills that have been developed over a long period of time and are not related to a specific field of study but are important for all.
The total testing time for the GRE General Test is around three hours and 45 minutes, plus short breaks. Get more details on the timing and tasks for each section.
Generally, a 75th percentile is a pretty good GRE score, and a 90th percentile is an excellent one. Thus, we can say that a score of 318 and above is good, whereas a score of 329 is an excellent one. A score of 300+ is considered average, and a 292 score is considered below average.
How often can I retake the test? You can take the test once every 21 days, up to five times within any continuous rolling 12-month period (365 days). This applies even if you canceled your scores on a test taken previously.
Atleast two months before the application deadline. In addition to alleviating stress, this will allow you to re-take the test if you’re unhappy with your score
Taking the GRE multiple times will not harm your chances of admission. ETS (Educational Testing Service—the makers of the GRE) introduced a new feature for test-takers applying to grad school called ScoreSelect
ScoreSelect allows you to decide which scores a school will see—and you don’t have to decide the same day you take the test. In fact, you can wait until after you’ve received your scores to decide if you want to send them. … ScoreSelect Most Recent option — Send the scores from the test you just took.
On 10th January 2018, chemical engineering student Arjun Shah cracked the GRE with a perfect score of 340. … At 20, he’s managed to clinch the perfect 340 in the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
The GRE General Test is a computer-delivered test offered year-round at home and at test centers around the world.